I am feeling super-honoured, as a lovely blogger has awarded me the **SUNSHINE AWARD** for my blog. So big thanks to Catherine Lyon, a fellow recoveree and author. Much gratitude for that.
I almost wish I could award it back, as Catherine has a great bolg and does a great deal to promote the recovery word! But no, I must pass the award on, so….
HERE ARE THE SHARING RULES FOR THIS AWARD:
.Section 1: Directions for you to accept the Sunshine Award
To accept this award, the awardee must do the following:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
- Present 5 deserving Bloggers with the Award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
- Write 10 interesting things about you….
Section 2: 10 Interesting things about me
1. I have a pet cat who I have bizarrely named “Carwash”. i don’t really own her. She owns me,
3. I have done a speech on addiction recovery in front of actor and comedian Russell Brand – and received a nice big hug for my troubles.
4. I’m a Theravada Buddhist and my favourite meditation is Metta 🙂 Sending you all loving-kindness!
6. I am a trustee for drug and alcohol charity DiversityInCare.
7. My favourite ever band is Faith No More -and if I ever meet Mike Patton I will probably drown in my own drool.
8. I have recovered from alcoholism, Borderline Personality Disorder, bulimia, social anxiety disorder, agoraphobia and self-harm. Oh, and depression – who wouldn’t have been depressed with all that lot??
9. I only have one-third of my pancreas left. Yes the years of alcoholism took their toll. It’s OK; I manage – I’m just not allowed to eat any cake. The pancreas cannae take it Cap’n!
10. I make an amazing Chicken Makhani! Well, if you can’t have cake, why not enjoy a good curry – that’s what I say.
Section 4: I’m awarding this “The Sunshine Award” to:
– I appreciate all of your work. Spread the love, guys.